Heightof kitchen sockets – I use 800mm to bottom of boxfrom finished floor level
- Distance for sockets to be installed away from the cooker and sink – I use 300mm away from
edgeof the cooker or sink
- Remember to install 10mm earth bonding from the mains to the main water stop tap (usually found under the sink)
- I like to install grid switches and cooker isolation switches for all the kitchen appliances in a kitchen cupboard, to hide the unsightly switched fused spurs
- Future proof your kitchen cooker/oven with 10mm twin and earth wiring
- Don’t forget the wiring for under cupboard or plinth lighting and the switching – it’s a great lighting feature and can help reduce any shadows – I recommend LED fittings
- How about an install of a hot water tap/induction hob – that only heats up when a metal pan is on it
- If possible I recommend rewiring your kitchen sockets on a new circuit to reduce pressure from the mains, especially with so many appliances available
Livewire Electrical will undertake all aspects of electrical work including minor alterations and additions to the existing electrical installation, or install a new circuit.
We can discuss your requirements on a face-to-face basis and design a FREE electrical quotation to suit your present and future needs.
All work is fully certified and an NICEIC Electrical Installation Certificate is issued upon completion of the works.
This certificate confirms that the work has been carried out and complies with Part P of the building regulations, inspected and tested in accordance with BS 7671, the national safety standard for electrical installations.
If you would like a FREE quotation designed to suit your needs, please contact Nathan on the information below.
Livewire Electrical Design & Installation Ltd
Livewire Electrical – Big enough to cope, small enough to care.