Electric Car Charging Point Installation
Electric Car Charging Point Installation in Cheltenham and Gloucester
Electric vehicle usage is on the rise, with around 130,000 electric cars and vehicles on the roads in the UK. With lower running costs, generous government grants and a reduced carbon footprint, it’s no wonder that drivers across the UK are making the switch to electric.
Under the Electric Vehicle Home Charge Scheme (EVHS) from the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), electric vehicle drivers could receive a grant of £350 towards the cost of having an electric vehicle charging point installed at their home.
As fully qualified and registered OLEV installers we can supply and install your electric vehicle charging point throughout Cheltenham and Gloucester.
We offer a full service with a quick turnaround from initial quotation to installation.
We’ll even claim the government grant of your behalf so there’s no need to mess around with paperwork or forms.
Unlike many dedicated EV charging point installation companies, we’re fully qualified electricians – meaning we can handle any further electrical work that may need to be completed, in order to install it correctly.
Why choose us?
- Registered under the OLEV EVHS and Workplace Charging Scheme – Meaning we can competently carry out the work and claim the grant on your behalf.
- Livewire Electrical are independent and not tied to any particular manufacturer
- We provide a full design and installation service to the highest of standards causing minimal damage and disruption
- Fully trained – We are trained and approved installers for PodPoint, Rolec & EV Box charge point’s.
- All of our electricians in Cheltenham and Gloucester are City & Guild qualified, Part P registered and are approved NICEIC domestic installers
- We pride ourselves on manners, punctuality and workmanship
- Livewire Electrical can test and certify electrical car charging points and any other electrical installations under the NICEIC including Part P works
- Free Quotations
- Our testimonials show our commitment to quality – feel free to ask and speak to previous electrical installations we have completed / see our Linked In or Facebook page for recommendations / or check our gallery for some of our previous work
- Years of experience within the electrical installation industry
- Professional, local and friendly services
- Competitive pricing
- Uniformed staff
- Established company for over 19 years
The cost for a charging your electric car
The average overnight electricity rate is 15p per kWh, which means charging your car for as little as 2p per mile.
- A 1600cc or less diesel car will cost 8p per mile.
- A 1600cc and above diesel car will cost between 10-12p per mile.
- A 1400cc or less petrol car will cost 11p per mile.
- A 1400cc and above petrol car will cost 14-21p per mile.
The cost to charge an electric car in the UK varies between home, work and public charging.
For a typical electric car with a 60kWh battery and 200-mile range.
- Charging at home: Costs about £8.40 for a full charge.
- Charging at work: Many employers will install workplace charging points and typically offer free access throughout the day.
- Charging at public locations: Public charge points at supermarkets or car parks are often free to use for the duration of your stay.
- Rapid charging: Rapid charging points are normally found at motorway service stations and typically cost £6.50 for a 30 min, 100-mile charge.
Whatever your electrical requirements are, you can count on us for a reliable, professional car charging point installation in Cheltenham & Gloucester.
Alternatively email me at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Livewire Electrical – Big enough to cope, small enough to care.
Our Quality Assurance
Regardless of the project size we always aim to deliver on time, on budget and install to the highest quality from first fix to completion.
All our work is designed, installed, tested & inspected in accordance with the latest British Standards BS7671 IEE Wiring Regulations.
We are also registered with the National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC), and Part P approved so you can have complete peace of mind when your electrical are completed by Livewire Electrical.