As you know there are so many electrical companies in Gloucestershire. These 5 steps will help you choose the right electrician.
1. Choose a company that can cover your needs
Some electrical companies are so big and have a head office and office staff, which could increase their quotation. Others are too small which limits their flexibility and how much they can handle. Choose a company that can suit your requirements.
2. Don’t be embarrassed to ask for their qualifications
If they are qualified they wont have any issue with this. Even more would be proud and pleased to show you their achievements.
3. Make sure that when you confirm your electrical work, an electrical certificate will be issued before you agree to the quotation.
No matter how big or small the job is, an electrician should provide you with an electrical installation certificate, which confirms that work is carried out to the British Standards for electrical safety BS7671.
4. Cover every point on the quotation in great detail.
I see this as an agreement between both parties what the work undertaken is. A verbal agreement can be misinterpreted, so always ensure you have a written quotation.
5. Don’t take their word for it – get a reference.
A professional company won’t have any problems with this.
You think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur.
If you would like any advice or to discuss your requirements on a face-to-face basis and design a FREE electrical quotation to suit you’re present and future needs contact us on the details below.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Livewire Electrical Design & Installation Ltd